Caro is a lifestyle store in Bruton, Somerset, offering objects sourced from around the globe. Our ethos is to provide an approachable service rooted in knowledge and care. As a design brand for life and home Caro also produces a line of in-house chocolate bars which can be found in Liberty, and other independent retailers. With a B&B and events studio central to the Caro brand, we are happiest when we’re working in creative collaborations with friendly folk.
We are looking for a Store Manager, responsible for leading our retail space on Bruton High Street. To manage the sales and operations of the store we are looking for an experienced people manager who will lead with passion and presence. Service and selling are key to the success of this store, with a variety of customers reaching our doors from locals to tourists. The Store Manager will need to foster a strong sense of teamwork and openness, inline with Caro's values.
- Full-time (5 days including 1 weekend shift) Start date - ASAP
Attitude and Ability:
- A proven ability to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Minimum of two years retail experience
- Resourceful and proactive attitude
- The confidence to sell products requiring expert knowledge across a variety of categories including Homeware, Beauty and Fashion.
- Commercial acumen – demonstrated experience in driving sales, staff planning and inventory management.
- To exhibit a familiarity with current product and trend awareness
- Excellent communication skills including the capacity to converse warmly and effortlessly with customers.
- Computer literate. A familiarity with Shopify & excel would be a bonus.
- An awareness of our brand, our style and our brand values
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- You will be required to train, supervise and appraise staff.
- Oversee inventory management across our retail store and e-commerce business, inclusive of uploading stock to our POS system.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to maximise profitability and setting/meeting sales targets.
- Dealing with customer complaints and feedback.
- Ensuring the shop floor and back of house standards are maintained. You will be committed to maintaining the highest level of expectation, showing pride in your surroundings at all times.
- Merchandise stock in accordance with the Caro Guidelines.
- Liaise with the wider team to provide feedback highlighting successes, customer feedback and opportunities for further growth.
- Answer customer enquiries and respond to emails
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM CARO:
- Working as part of a small and close team with many opportunities
- A good wage and bonus potential
- Additional benefits such as employee discount and opt in pension scheme
TO APPLY: Please include a cv and a note on why you think you're a good candidate for the role.